Sneak Peek: Good Homes Christmas roomsets 2021
The Ideal Home Show Christmas is back for 2021! After almost two years of Covid-19 disruption, the Good Homes magazine team is supercharged to deliver the best Christmas decoration ideas, on-trend schemes and clever interior design tips.
Taking place from 24-28 November at Olympia London, the Ideal Home Show Christmas will showcase this year’s Christmas decor roomsets – created by contributing style editor Jessica Taverner – in their full, inspirational glory. Check out Winter Solstice for the living room, Opal Blush for the dining room, Luxe Vibes for the entertaining space and Relaxed Japandi for the bedroom.
With thanks to this year’s sponsors: Crown, Charnwood, Lights & Lamps and Amtico
Winter Solstice: Living Room
With colour inspiration including plum, amber, dark green and touches of rich old, this sumptuous living room will feature bold and moody shades. Key elements of this include a deep-hued sofa layered with gorgeous cushions to relax on after Christmas dinner, and all accented with pops of grown-up leopard print, oversized paper-cut baubles and a stunning focal-point tree are highlights. Moreover, the lighting will be subtle and atmospheric with a contemporary woodburner for heat and ambience.
- Living room with hanging paper decorations, from a selection at Dunelm
- Purple and gold luxe baubles, £1.50 each from Wilko
- Peacock wreath, £12.99 from TK Maxx
- Honeycomb ball decoration, £8.95 each, from a selection at Rockett St George
- Scrumptuious paint, £18 per 2.5ltrs from Crown Paints
Opal Blush: Dining Room
Mixing sophisticated shades of pink with on-trend pampas and glitter-infused accessories, this dining room elevates a feminine shade to create an elegant scheme that’s perfect for a festive banquet. Combine the pink with soft gold, icy blue and plenty of shimmer and sparkle for a pop of Christmas cheer. Dress the table with tableware and glasses in gold, icy blue and winter white, finish the look with candles, pampas grass and overhead lighting.
- All tableware and lampshades from a selection at Amara
- Blue bauble with silver trees, £2.50 for three from Tesco
- Lavender cupcake and old gold paint, both £18 per 2.5ltrs, from Crown Paints
Luxe Vibe: Entertaining Space
With at-home bars becoming a massive hit during lockdown, this contemporary space offers the ultimate place to either unwind or party until the New Year! Think bright teal and neon pink with pops of orange and yellow and a touch of brass. Decorating the space with kitsch artwork, comfy armchairs, modern lighting and a large patterned rug, it’s everything you’d want from an upmarket cocktail bar, but without stepping outside your front door.
- Decor Echo flooring in Ink, from £92.99 per sqm, Amtico
- Palm Springs paint, £18 per 2.5ltrs from Crown Paints
- Luxury gold Christmas crackers, £8 for six from Wilko
- Silio light brass table lamp, £45 from Lights & Lamps
- Teal sofa, plus furniture and accessories, from a selection at John Lewis
Relaxed Japandi: Bedroom
Timber wall cladding is the trend of the moment and works particularly well to give a room a Japandi scheme. Soften the straight lines of wooden furniture with soft, tactile materials such as boucle, faux-fur and lots of trimmings including feathers and pom-poms. Colour wise, the neutral shades combine with elements of black and charcoal for a nature-inspired look. A woodburner in a bedroom is a real Scandi addition and creates the perfect space to retire to at night.
- Christmas tree decorations from a selection at Cox & Cox
- Mellow sage paint, £18 per 2.5ltrs from Crown Paints
- Feather wreath, £65 from LuxDeco
- Aire 3 woodburning stove in Almond, £1,304 from Charnwood
- Feather-topped glass bauble, £2.50 from B&M