Terms & Conditions
Media 10 publishing division subscriptions terms and conditions
When signing up to a Media 10 subscription it is the customers’ responsibility to have read and agreed to the full terms and conditions as detailed below.
Direct Debit is available to UK subscribers only. Please allow up to six weeks for delivery of your first subscription issue (up to eight weeks overseas). All prices are discounted from the full subscription rate advertised in each title, include P&P and are correct at time of going to press. If the magazine ordered changes frequency per annum, we will honour the number of issues paid for, not the term of the subscription. DD subscriptions automatically renew.
If the subscription offer includes a gift, this gift is subject to availability and will be delivered separately within 28 days after your first payment has been taken. Gifts are limited to one free gift per subscriber. Gifts are subject to availability and will be sent only to the first 250 subscribers. Media 10 Limited reserves the right to supply an alternative gift of the same or higher value, there is no cash value alternative. Gifts only available to subscribers on the UK mainland.
We will deliver the magazines to the address you notify to us when you place your orders. Subscriptions will start with the next available issue, please allow up to six weeks for delivery. You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines. Replacement copies will be delivered on receipt of payment for all costs attributed to the resending of the copy in question.
We reserve the right to dispose of incorrectly addressed envelopes and their contents without an obligation to refund you or any other person if they are returned to us and despite efforts to contact you we do not receive correct address details. In the instance of duplicate subscriptions being set up, please contact [email protected] within four weeks of receipt of your duplicate magazines for a refund. Duplicate copies of the magazine will need to be returned before a refund is given.
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of magazines in the following circumstances:
• Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us;
• Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub–contractors and agents, including but not restricted to war, electricity power failure, utilities failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, act of God, legislative constraints, strikes, labour disputes or malicious damage involving employees.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you wish to cancel your subscription and receive a refund, please contact our customer care team either by phone on 01858 438422 or email [email protected]. The value of any gifts included in the subscription offer will be deducted from the value of any unmailed issues, the remaining balance will be refunded to you within 28 days of the request.
In the instance of duplicate subscriptions being set up, please contact [email protected] within four weeks of receipt of your duplicate magazines for a refund. Duplicate copies of the magazine will need to be returned before a refund is given.
Please note that all credit card refunds will be issued in sterling. Your Credit Card company will convert the sterling amount into your local currency and may charge an additional fee for completing the transaction.
Subscription prices vary according to offer and are right at time of going to press. Subscriptions prices include delivery charges and taxes (where applicable). You either make a one-off payment for a one or two year subscription or make ongoing direct debit payments for any other subscription term, which will continue automatically without need for renewal. If you make ongoing direct debit payments we reserve the right to increase our prices at any time after the first year of your subscription has elapsed and will notify you in writing with 10 days notice of any such price increase.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Media 10 will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Media 10 to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Media 10 limited or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Media 10 Limited asks you to.
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Tickets included in subscriptions offers
Some magazine promotions may include special ticket offers to certain events. These tickets are subject to the terms and conditions of these shows and are subject to the specific terms of the magazine offer:
Good Homes Ticket Promotions
Two free tickets to the Ideal Home Show – one ticket will be included within your March issue for the Ideal Home Show Spring in London and one ticket will be included within your November issue of Good Homes for the Ideal Home Show at Christmas.
Two free tickets to the Grand Designs Live show – one ticket will be included within your May issue of Good Homes for the London show and one ticket will be included within your October issue for the Birmingham show.
One free ticket to the Cake & Bake show – your ticket will be included within your October issue of Good Homes for use at the London show.
One free ticket will be included in your May issue for This Morning Live held in Birmingham.
Media 10 Website Terms and Conditions
Who we are and what we do
The term “Media 10” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Crown House, 151 High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 4LF. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Media 10 Limited’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of non-exclusive jurisdiction of the England courts.
Commitment to your privacy This site is owned and operated by Media 10 Limited. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Media 10, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information Media 10 Gathers and Tracks
Media 10 gathers two types of information about users:
• Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
• Information Media 10 gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Media 10 derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Media 10 divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Media 10 gathers user information in the following processes
Optional Voluntary Information We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
• Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches) We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Media 10 gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletters
• “E-mail this to a friend” policyOur site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Media 10 tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Media 10 does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Media 10 sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use of information
Media 10 uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Media 10 never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Media 10 creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing of the information
Media 10 uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Media 10 operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include: Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters. Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
- Any promotional activity (contests and sweepstakes) that is hosted on Good Homes’ social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the platform itself and are run exclusively by Good Homes. By entering into any promotional activity the entrant releases the social platform from any responsibility.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of the participating company and Media 10, its printers and agents and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The winners must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- The prize as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Entries that are incomplete or answered incorrectly will not be accepted.
- To find out the winner’s names please send an SAE to Media 10 Ltd, Crown House, 151 High Road, Loughton, IG10 4LF
- One entry per household. No bulk or third-party entries.
- Closing date as specified on the competition page.
- By entering these free competitions you agree to receive newsletters from Good Homes magazine and newsletters from partners associated with the competition with latest news and special offers. You can unsubscribe easily at any time, by following the clear unsubscribe link on our emails. Good Homes magazine will only send you emails we feel are useful and relevant to you. We will not pass your email to other third parties. If the prize-giver is no longer able to supply the stated prize, it is not the responsibility of Media 10 to deliver a replacement.
Media 10 Limited
151 High Road
Tel: 020 3225 5200
Email: [email protected]