Meliz Cooks’ Cypriot-style potato salad recipe
London-based food blogger, Meliz Cooks brings a spot of the Mediterranean to our dinner tables with her Cypriot-style potato salad.
Image: Meliz Cooks
- 500g potatoes (either 2-3 large baking potatoes or baby potatoes such as Charlotte)
- 100g green beans
- 4 large eggs
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Handful of black kalamata olives
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place whole potatoes with skins on into a large pan filled with cold water, and on a high heat, bring the potatoes up to the boil and simmer on a medium heat for 30-40 mins (or 25-30 for the baby/Charlotte potatoes).
- Six minutes before cooking time is up, throw in the green beans and the eggs, cooking for a further 6 minutes, then take pan off the heat and douse the pan in cold running water in the sink for a good couple of minutes to stop the cooking process and to cool everything down.
- Leave in the cold water for a few more minutes, drain well, then carefully cut the potatoes (as they may still be hot inside) into large chunks, peel and do the same with the eggs, and cut the beans in half.
- Put everything into a bowl and add the chopped spring onions, a small handful Kalamata olives, 1 level tsp dried mint, 2 level tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander, a good pinch salt and pepper, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, juice of two lemons, gently stir and serve.
Wife, mum, music teacher, singer/songwriter and foodie, Meliz’s aim is to show you how to create fresh, easy and nutritious meals for the whole family. If you liked this recipe, why not follow her on her Instagram, @Melizcooks, or check out her blog when you’re in need of middle-eastern moments of ‘mmmspiration’.
Have you recreated Meliz’s recipe? Tweet your egg-based recipes to @goodhomesmag, tag us in your Instagram posts, using the hashtag #thisgoodhome for your chance to be featured on our Instagram feed or share your egg-cellent puns on our Facebook page.