Fluffy pancake recipe with Bramble Mojito twist
Planning a Pancake Day soiree? Learn how to make boozy pancakes for your cocktail-loving friends
Image: Bill’s Restaurants
If you’re throwing a Pancake Day party and you haven’t decided what toppings to put on those fluffy cakes, why not consider infusing them with a drop of alcohol – because no cause for celebration started without a good old tipple!
We love this berrylicious Bramble Mojito pancake recipe from Bill’s Restaurants, it’s guaranteed to impress your cocktail-loving guests.
For pancake mix
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
For the bramble cream
- 250ml whipping cream
- 120g caster sugar
- 10g mint
For the lime and rum syrup
- The juice of 5 limes and the zest of 1 lime
- 150g icing sugar
- 50ml rum
- Mint sprig
- To create the rum and lime syrup, heat the lime juice and sugar in a pan until the sugar dissolves. Add the rum, stir and allow to cool.
- For the bramble cream, whip together the cream and sugar, and fold in the blackberries and mint, set aside.
- To make the pancakes, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter in a separate jug.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Let the mix stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add butter to melt. Spoon the batter onto the frying pan. Wait until the top of the pancake bubbles, turn-over and cook until both sides are golden. Repeat until all the batter is used.