What is a gonk? Discover the latest Christmas trend for 2020
One of the hottest trends this Christmas is a festive motif that’s utterly adorable – the gonk!
Gonk dolls are one of the emerging Christmas trends for 2020 and we are totally in love with them! Characterised by their Nordic-like interpretation of Santa Claus with just their nose and beard on show, gonks have won the hearts of nation.
View this post on Instagram
Instagram star Stacey Solomon is a huge fan and calls her vast collection of gonks ‘Norman’, a name which perfectly suits their gnome-like appearance.
Lots of high street stores have jumped on the gonk band-wagon including The Range, Aldi and Matalan, which all come with a reasonable price tag. Aldi’s retail for just £10!
How to style gonks
Gonks make for the perfect festive ornament to fill any awkward gap in your home this Christmas.
- Place one either side of a fireplace to make it a standout feature in your living room.
- Style up your porch and create a warm welcome this Christmas with a standing gonk.
- Group three gonks together that are different heights to create your own little family!
- Display one or two under your Christmas tree to hide the base of the tree as well as adding some festive cheer.
- Cosy up your bedroom by styling up a festive corner with a cosy blanket, some festive decorations and of course, a gonk.
What do you think of gonks? Tweet us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.