Step-by-step guide: autumn wreath
The cosy autumn season has arrived and it’s time that home decor reflected the change. Get started on a high by doing some DIY on your door and making your own autumn wreath! This stylish design is easy even for the most reluctant crafter, and all the materials are available to purchase from Hobbycraft.
Follow the steps to get the door decoration of your dreams…
You will need:
- A glue gun
- Hot melt glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- Autumn wreath accessories
- Berry picks in mixed colours
- Rattan grapevine wreath
- Glue the Bay leaves and curly twigs to the base using the hot glue gun. Be sure to space them out evenly to help Using the hot glue gun, glue all the Bay leaves and some curly twigs to the base – ensuring you space them out evenly.
- Separate the berry stems using wire cutters then split up the leaf sprigs from the berries. Attach a few of the leaf sprigs around the base.
Place the berries around the edge in colour clusters using the glue gun, alternating as you go.
- Attach all of the remaining dried embellishments around the wreath, making sure to fill up all the gaps. You can add as many or as few embellishments as you wish to create the look you want.
Find even more autumn crafting inspiration on the Hobbycraft website, as well as plenty of materials to help you through.
Are you making an autumn wreath this year? Share your photos with us! Tweet @goodhomesmag or post a comment on the Good Homes Facebook page
- Step-by-step guide: How to create a painted headboard
- 5 autumn wreaths for a stylish front door
- Step-by-step guide: how to paint an arch wall design
Tags: Autumn, Autumn crafts