Good Homes Approved: Collectiviste Portobello rattan lampshade
Rattan is back in a big way. The Collectiviste Portobello rattan shade is a modern revamp of the traditional rattan pendant lampshade. Handwoven from 100% natural rattan fibres, the contemporary sculptural design offers an easy and stylish way to bring more natural materials into your home.
The Good Homes team tries out the large (60cm x 33cm) Collectiviste Portobello rattan ceiling lampshade…
Design & Fit
- Handwoven and crafted in natural rattan fibres by a Balinese family in their traditional workshop – this versatile, fast-growing material also has fantastic sustainability credentials.
- The sculptural shape will add a contemporary or style statement to any room and looks great displayed singularly or grouped together in a mix-and-match design.
- The unique woven design of the natural fibres creates a beautiful finish, and the light is softly diffused through the gaps, casting stunning patterns on the ceiling and around the room for a cosy ambience.
- It’s extremely easy-to-fit and looks amazing with a warm-glow lightbulb (ideally warm white LED). The shade can be fitted to any pendant light fitting and comes with a shade reducer ring.
- Limited assembly is required. Wiring and bulb not included, also requires a bulb.
How much does it cost?
- Large pendant shade £189 (also available in 40cm diameter for £120; 60cm diameter for £189 and 80cm diameter for £249). Prices include free express UK shipping.
- Collectiviste work in partnership with talented artisans from around the world, creating jobs and adding value to the wider community.
- The rattan pendant shade can be easily fitted to both British standard B22 and European E27 fittings.
- Available in natural and black with matching floor lamp available.
- All products are sold online and in selected independent UK retailers.
Would you recommend?
- Yes, it totally transformed the look and feel of the room – 5 stars
Available from collectiviste.com