Good Homes Approved: Crafted by Crown’s new paint collection
Crafted by Crown paints is a new collection of 48 artisanal shades. Available in flat matt, suede textured and metallic emulsion, the new paints range from soft, versatile neutrals to deep, statement hues, all split into six easy-to-shop colour families. The Crafted collection has been blended to an exceptional quality for effortless coverage and depth of colour that keeps up with the demands of modern living.
The Good Homes Approved team puts them to the test…
Our Good Homes tester painted two walls using Crown’s new Crafted collection – the ceiling and woodwork of a long, galley hallway in Craft Fair Flat Matt emulsion (£32 per 2.5ltrs). The application was effortless, going on smoothly with fantastic coverage.
The ceiling and two walls were painted in the morning and by mid-afternoon were touch dry, with the skirting boards and an internal door painted in the afternoon, drying evenly as well as covering minor imperfections. The velvet finish feels soft to the touch and gives this dark hallway a warm, luxurious feel, with the non-reflective element making it feel sophisticated and on trend.
- Use: Walls, ceilings & woodwork
- Finish: Rich, velvety and non-reflective
- Drying time: Touch-dry in four hours
- Coverage: Good even coverage (used approx. 4ltrs)
- Water based
The Crafted collection features a beautiful palette that’s perfect for bringing a touch of elegance to any home. The three finishes are exceptionally easy to apply, and each brings a different look and feel to a room scheme.
- Flat Matt – adds a velvety finish that is soft to the touch to walls & wood
- Suede – gives a subtle, textured look to interior walls
- Metallic – adds an understated shimmer to walls, wood & metal
Real paint swatches are available for every colour, which are a mess-free way to see the exact colour match. Swatches have been hand-painted to offer a true representation of your chosen palette, making it easy to take them out and about with you to match furniture and accessories, and to move around your room at different times of the day to take the change in light into account.
Craft Fair Flat Matt Emulsion for interior wood & walls is £32 per 2.5ltrs. The price tag is slightly higher than the average Crown emulsion, but it feels exceptionally luxurious and durable and only requires one coat, saving on the price of another pot!
Would you recommend?
Absolutely – 5 stars!
Available from crownpaints.co.uk
- Good Homes Approved: Crown Breatheasy Coloured Emulsion Granite Dust
- Good Homes Approved: Igneus Classico pizza oven
- Good Homes Approved: Blinds Direct – Honeycomb blind