How to make a Christmas doorway garland from real foliage
Want to make a statement with your front door this Christmas? Go beyond a wreath and create a festive arch for some real impact.
Trying to keep up with the Jones when it comes to Christmas decorations? Well we’ve got a brilliant idea for a dramatic garlandfor your front door from the experts at Dobbies which is sure to make a splash around the neighbourhood.
This tutorial can be used outdoors, but also indoors too, around any door frames.
- A large quantity of foliage
- Floristry wire or twine
- Outdoor lights
Attaching rope to the wall
Depending on the type of wall or doorway you have you may be able to use cuphooks in the wall and wire the foliage to the hook. If this isn’t possible, you could run wire or twine from an upstairs window if this is safe to do so.
- Cut your length of rope to fit around your entrance.
- Create bundles of foliage, you could use Pine, Eucalyptus, Conifer; any evergreen would work well. Wire a selection of foliage together to form a collection of bundles.
- Attach the foliage bundles along the length of the rope using wire or twine.
- Attach the garland to the wall then add in more greenery where it is required.
- Add outdoor lights, here we used warm white.
- Voila! A showstopper entrance to make your home stand out on the street.
Going to give this idea a try? Let us know! Tweet us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.