5 designer radiators for a cosy home
Designer radiators come in all shapes and sizes – vertical, bench-style, trend-led and traditional. Choose one of the latest designs that are both practical and pleasing to the eye…
This article contains affiliate links, from which we may earn a small commission.
1. Warming wall art
Adorn your radiator on the wall as you would a piece of artwork or decorative mirror. Look for different materials and textures, and work with the size of your wall – a tall slimline design works well when you’re short on space but still need optimal heat output.
2. Seamless style
If you’d rather your radiator blend in with your décor, opt for a design in the same colour as your walls or that matches your artwork, frames or even a gallery wall of mirrors.
3. Twist on a classic
Easy to fit under windows or shelving, a traditional column radiator offers a smart look and is ideal for those with period homes. These designs have vertical pipes set two to or four columns deep – the more columns, the higher your heat output will be.
4. Form & function
This handy bench radiator is great for narrow hallways as it has a handy bench seat. The column design features a solid oak top and is not only practical, but comes in a range of modern colours and sizes, so it’s easy to find one that’s right for your space.
5. Colourful radiators
Have fun with your radiator and opt for a bold colour, metallic finish or funky shape. Bisque offers a colour-matching service, with over 2,000 colour options, so you could match your radiator to your wallpaper or kitchen cabinetry.
- Choose between a radiator that is plumbed in (making use of the hot water and controlled as part of the central heating system) or an electric design that uses mains electricity.
- Getting the right size radiator for your space is key. Calculate its BTU (British Thermal Units) online at plumbnation.co.uk/heating-calculator to find out the heat output of your model.
- If you’re striving to lower your home’s carbon footprint, as well as looking out for energy efficient radiators, make sure you have a cosy throw to hand rather than cranking your heating right up when the frost hits.
Shop the throws:
- How to bleed a radiator
- Heating for the whole home: radiators for every room
- Facts vs Fiction: The real energy-saving tips and hacks