Media 10 publishing division subscriptions terms and conditions
When signing up to a Media 10 subscription it is the customers’ responsibility to have read and agreed to the full terms and conditions as detailed below.
Direct Debit is available to UK subscribers only. Please allow up to six weeks for delivery of your first subscription issue (up to eight weeks overseas). All prices are discounted from the full subscription rate advertised in each title, include P&P and are correct at time of going to press. If the magazine ordered changes frequency per annum, we will honour the number of issues paid for, not the term of the subscription.
DD subscriptions automatically renew. Should customers wish to cancel their subscription after the minimum term, it is the customers’ responsibility to do this directly with their bank. Refunds cannot be issued for any subscriptions that fail to get cancelled on time.
If the subscription offer includes a gift, this gift is subject to availability and will be delivered separately within 28 days after your first payment has been taken. Gifts are limited to one free gift per subscriber and sent to the recipient. Gifts are subject to availability and will be sent only to the first 250 subscribers. Media 10 Limited reserves the right to supply an alternative gift of the same or higher value, there is no cash value alternative. Gifts only available to subscribers on the UK mainland.
We will deliver the magazines to the address you notify to us when you place your orders. Subscriptions will start with the next available issue, please allow up to six weeks for delivery. You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines. Replacement copies will be delivered on receipt of payment for all costs attributed to the resending of the copy in question.
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of magazines in the following circumstances:
• Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us;
• Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub–contractors and agents, including but not restricted to war, electricity power failure, utilities failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, act of God, legislative constraints, strikes, labour disputes or malicious damage involving employees.
Cancellations and Refunds
Where a minimum term of 12 months is advertised cancellations are not permitted until the end of this initial period and we will not issue you a refund. Should you wish to cancel after the minimum term this request will be subject to an administration fee of £10. The value of any gifts included in the subscription offer will be deducted from the value of any unmailed issues, the remaining balance will be refunded to you within 28 days of the request. Please contact our customer care team in writing (see contact details below). Following the collection of a direct debit payment, refunds will only be considered within a 31 day period after collection. No refunds will be offered beyond 31 days of the collection date.
For all other subscriptions or after the minimum term of your subscription, you may cancel your subscription contract at any time by notifying our customer services team in writing. See contact details below. This request will be subject to an administration fee of £10. The value of any gifts included in the subscription offer will be deducted from the value of any unmailed issues, the remaining balance will be refunded to you within 28 days of the request. Please contact our customer care team in writing (see contact details below). Following the collection of a direct debit payment, refunds will only be considered within a 31 day period after collection. No refunds will be offered beyond 31 days of the collection date.
Subscription prices vary according to offer and are right at time of going to press. Subscriptions prices include delivery charges and taxes (where applicable). You either make a one-off payment for a one or two year subscription or make ongoing direct debit payments for any other subscription term, which will continue automatically without need for renewal. If you make ongoing direct debit payments we reserve the right to increase our prices at any time after the first year of your subscription has elapsed and will notify you in writing with 10 days notice of any such price increase.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Media 10 will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Media 10 to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Media 10 limited or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Media 10 Limited asks you to.
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Tickets included in subscriptions offers
Some magazine promotions may include special ticket offers to certain events. These tickets are subject to the terms and conditions of these shows and are subject to the specific terms of the magazine offer:
Good Homes Ticket Promotions
Two free tickets to the Ideal Home Show – one ticket will be included within your November 2017 issue of Good Homes for the Ideal Home Show at Christmas and one ticket will be included within your March 2017 issue for the Ideal Home Show Spring in London.
Two free tickets to the Grand Designs Live show – one ticket will be included within your May 2017 issue of Good Homes for the London 2017 show and one ticket will be included within your October 2017 issue for the Birmingham show.
One free ticket to the Cake & Bake show – your ticket will be included within your October issue of Good Homes for use at the London or Manchester 2017 show.
Media 10 Website Terms and Conditions
Who we are and what we do
The term "Media 10" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Crown House, 151 High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 4LF. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Media 10 Limited's prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of non-exclusive jurisdiction of the England courts.
Commitment to your privacy This site is owned and operated by Media 10 Limited. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Media 10, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Inforation Media 10 Gathers and Tracks
Media 10 gathers two types of information about users:
• Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
• Information Media 10 gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Media 10 derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Media 10 divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Media 10 gathers user information in the following processes
Optional Voluntary Information We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
• Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches) We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Media 10 gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletters
• “E-mail this to a friend” policyOur site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Media 10 tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Media 10 does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Media 10 sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use of information
Media 10 uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Media 10 never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Media 10 creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing of the information
Media 10 uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Media 10 operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include: Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters. Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
- Any promotional activity (contests and sweepstakes) that is hosted on Good Homes’ social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the platform itself and are run exclusively by Good Homes. By entering into any promotional activity the entrant releases the social platform from any responsibility.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of the participating company and Media 10, its printers and agents and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The winners must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- The prize as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Entries that are incomplete or answered incorrectly will not be accepted.
- To find out the winner’s names please send an SAE to Media 10 Ltd, Crown House, 151 High Road, Loughton, IG10 4LF
- One entry per household. No bulk or third-party entries.
- Closing date as specified on the competition page.
- By entering these free competitions you agree to receive newsletters from Good Homes magazine and newsletters from partners associated with the competition with latest news and special offers. You can unsubscribe easily at any time, by following the clear unsubscribe link on our emails. Good Homes magazine will only send you emails we feel are useful and relevant to you. We will not pass your email to other third parties. If the prize-giver is no longer able to supply the stated prize, it is not the responsibility of Media 10 to deliver a replacement.
Wilko competition terms and conditions
- The promoter is Wilko Retail Limited (“Wilko”)
- Wilko is registered in England and Wales with company number 0365335 and registered office at: JK House, Roebuck Way, Manton Wood, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 3EG
- Wilko reserves the right to change these terms at any time and to communicate the changes to entrants by updating these terms on this website.
- The competition is open to mainland UK residents, excluding employees of Wilko or any other organisation linked to the prize draw in any way.
- The minimum age for entrants is 18. Proof of age of winning entrant(s) may be requested.
- To enter, answer the question at goodhomesmagazine.com
- The prize is non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The prize draw will run between: 27th Feb to 26th March 2017.
- Any entries submitted after the specified closing time and date will not be eligible.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will not be eligible.
- All entries are subject to approval by Wilko. Wilko reserves the right to reject any entries without reason or prior notice.
- The winning entry will be selected at random by an independent party appointed by Wilko. The result of this is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- The winner will be contacted no later than 7 working days after the prize draw closing date by phone or email.
- The winner will have 7 working days to respond and accept the prize. If there is no response by this time, Wilko reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- The winner will receive their prize within 30 days of responding and accepting it.
- Entrants consent to participate in any publicity generated as a result of the competition.
- Wilko accepts no liability for any harm, damage or loss caused to prizes, (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition (as far as possible under applicable law).
- Entrants must not engage in or be connected with any conduct that may bring Wilko or its products into disrepute.
- Wilko will not accept responsibility for any late, lost, damaged, incomplete or fraudulent entries, entries lost through technical fault or for technical problems with the site. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees and is bound by the terms and conditions outlined above.
Kährs competition terms and conditions
The prize doesn’t include fitting of the flooring or the removal of existing flooring. Competition open from February 27th 2017 - March 26th 2017 only.
Win a £30,000 roomset prize bundle competition terms and conditions
Marketing Competition Media 10 terms, including sponsor specific terms:
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT 26th May 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter fill in your details on at www.goodhomesmagazine.co.uk or complete a postcard at the event
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 28th May 2017. The first entry drawn will be the winner
- One winner will win the roomset prize bundle which is a range of goods up to the maximum value of £31,500 (the “Total Prize”) as specified below:
- The Laura Ashley kitchen, as seen as part of the Good Homes roomset display at the Ideal Home Show 2017, worth £21,500 sponsored by The Symphony Group Plc (the “ supplier of the Kitchen Prize”)
- Oak Furniture Land, furniture and accessories for any room up to a value of £2000
- Arada stoves, stand, pedestal, log store plus five thermometer and moisture meter accessories worth £2,000
- £1,000 blinds from Blindstogo
- Crown Colour consultation and £250 paint vouchers, total prize value £1,000
- Outdoor furniture set from Bridgman worth £2,000
- Karndean LooseLay floor (excluding fitting) up to 25 sq meters with a floor care kit worth £1,500
- Worktop Express £500 voucher to spend on worktops
- Neither the Promoter nor the suppliers of the Total Prize shall be liable for any damage to the Total Prize and the winner, by entering the competition, agrees to accept the Total Prize as seen at the Ideal Home Show 2017 ( the “Event”).
- No cash alternative or alternative products will be offered for any of the Total Prize offered
- The Kitchen Prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable to another individual.
- The Kitchen Prize does not include installation of the kitchen.
- The Kitchen Prize does not include appliances.
- The Kitchen Prize must be delivered to the winner within one month of the winner being notified as The Symphony Group Plc cannot store or maintain the Kitchen Prize for any longer than this period.
- The competition is not open to DOS employees and family.
- Delivery costs must either be factored in to prize fund or paid for in addition for the Worktop Express voucher.
- All prizes offered directly from the Good Homes roomsets at the Ideal Home Show Spring 2017 will be provided as seen atthe Event , and alternative products cannot be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. No correspondence will be entertained.
- The winner will be notified via email by 31st May 2017. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after 30 working days of the Promoter’s notification, it will automatically lapse.
- To obtain details of the winner please write to: Good Homes magazine, Crown House, 151 High Road, Loughton IG10 4LF, stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading within 4 weeks after the closing date.
- By entering this prize draw and providing your details you agree to be contacted via email by the roomset sponsors and Media 10 Limited for marketing purposes.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is JB Global Ltd, Unit DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon. SN3 4TN.
- Laura Ashley Limited has no responsibility directly or indirectly for this competition or the Kitchen Prize.
- Promotion operated by company specified on the reader offer page.
- Offer entitles holder to an extra specified discount off the collection specified on the reader offer page.
- The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Offer excludes clearance items, sale items, purchasing gift certificates and delivery charges.
- There is no cash alternative, nor can the offer be used against previous purchases.
- To use the offer in-store, the page must be shown at point of sale. No photocopies accepted.
- Page can only be used once. One voucher to be used per transaction.
- To use the offer online, if applicable, use the quote specified on the page.
Very reader offer terms and conditions
Enter the code at the checkout before midnight on 31 March 2017 to receive 20% off indoor furniture when you spend £100 or more – excludes sale items and nursery furniture. Over 18s only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer code. Offer can only be used once. Goods/services provided by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Liverpool L70 1AB.
Instagram #MyGoodHomes competition terms and conditions
Running from 3 March 2017 to midnight 12 March 2017. To enter, follow Good Homes on Instagram and post a picture your purchased copy of the April 2017 issue, tagging @goodhomesmag in the caption, plus using the hashtag #MyGoodHomes. One winner will be chosen on 13th March 2017 and will win one year’s subscription to the print edition of Good Homes magazine. UK residents only.
Media 10 Limited
151 High Road
Tel: 020 3225 5200