4 cocktail recipes perfect for Valentine’s Day
No Valentine’s Day meal is complete without a delicious cocktail (or two). Why not try one of these love-inspired recipes?
Image: Edinburgh Gin
An evening in enjoying a nice meal accompanied by some delicious cocktails is the perfect treat, whether or not you’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day this year.
We’ve curated a few Cupid-approved recipes to inspire your evening.
Mix up this gorgeous berry crush cocktail for your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
- 35ml Ciroc Red Berry
- 15ml jasmine tea syrup
- 20ml lemon juice
- 1 muddled strawberry
- Topped with sparkling wine
1. Mix the Ciroc Red Berry, jasmine syrup, lemon juice and muddled strawberry together.
2. Top with sparkling wine.
3. Garnish with dried raspberries and rose petals.
Image: The Cauldron London
If you and your date are a fan of floral and fruity cocktails, this gorgeous concoction could be for you.
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz pomegranate syrup
- 1/2 oz Combier Rose
- 1/4 oz Punt e Mes
- 1/4 oz Campari
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz egg white
- Pinch of ground Damiana and powdered raspberry to garnish
1. Pre-chill your cocktail glass and add all ingredients (minus damiana and raspberry powder) into a shaker.
2. Shake without ice first, then with ice.
3. Shake without ice again. Double strain into a glass and dust with ground damiana and powdered raspberry mixture.
Free burn high ball
Get in the mood with this tasty treat that’s said to have aphrodisiac qualities!
- 37.5ml Tomatin 12-year-old
- 12.5ml sweet vermouth
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Ginger ale
- Garnish with lemon and fresh thyme
1. Mix together the Tomatin, vermouth, bitters and ginger ale in a high ball glass with ice.
2. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and fresh thyme.
The first kiss
Image: Edinburgh Gin
This gorgeously sweet cocktail is a velvety sipper with tropical notes, finishing with a sweet, fruity kiss.
- 35ml Valentine’s Edinburgh Gin
- 15ml Edinburgh Gin’s Raspberry Liqueur
- 60ml pineapple juice garnish – fresh raspberry
1. Add the gin, liqueur and pineapple juice to a shaker with ice.
2. Shake, then double-strain into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish with a fresh raspberry.
Planning to mix up one of these cocktails this Valentine’s Day? Let us know by tweeting us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.