4 creepy Halloween-themed cocktail recipes
Celebrate Halloween this year by treating yourself to a spooky, yet delicious cocktail.
Image: Boe Gin
With trick or treating off the menu this year, it’s the perfect excuse to spend Halloween enjoying some super fun and spooky cocktail recipes.
Whether you’re celebrating as a household this year or simply want to treat yourself to an extraordinary cocktail, here’s four recipes to get your imagination going.
Bloody pomegranate cosmo
This martini is all about the garnish and we think it’ll be a hit at any Halloween gathering.
- 2 parts pomegranate juice
- 1 parts vodka
- 1 part Cranes Cranberry and Blood Orange Liqueur
- ½ part lime juice
- Fill a shaker with ice
- Add all spirits and juice into the shaker and Squeeze ½ part lime juice into the shaker
- Shake until cold, approx. 10 seconds
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the liquid into a martini glass
- Insert a cranberry into the middle of the lychee
Lady in black
Image: Grey Goose
If you’re planning on having a sophisticated Halloween then this cocktail might be the perfect accompaniment.
- 35ml Grey goose Original
- 35ml fresh pomegranate juice
- 10ml XO Cognac
- 10ml Crème de cassis
- 10ml clove-water (1 clove infused for 8 hours)
- Put all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, give it a gentle shake and pour into your glass.
- Garnish with a fresh blackberry on a cocktail stick.
Colour-changing Halloween cocktail
Image: Boe Gin
This cocktail , which uses colour changing butterfly pea flowers, certainly looks the part for celebrating Halloween.
- 60ml Boë Gin Apple & Lime
- 20ml lime simple syrup
- half shell of lime juice
- 1 tsp lime marmalade (for added flavour but not essential)
- Basil leaves
- Liquorice laces
- Egg whites
- Ice cubes
- Butterfly pea flowers (available from supermarkets)
- Add a handful of butterfly pea flowers to a teacup or jug and top with 100ml boiling water. Leave to steep. This will create that vibrant violet colour to your drink.
- To make the simple syrup, combine 300g caster sugar, 150ml water and the juice and zest of 1 lime in a pot and simmer until dissolved (100g sugar to 100ml water). Strain out zest before using.
- Cut the liquorice laces into four 6cm strands. Wrap another lace around in the middle and loop through to secure.
- Add all other ingredients to a shaker and muddle basil. Seal the shaker and shake without ice for 30 seconds.
- Once foamy, fill the shaker with the ice and shake again for another 30 seconds.
- Strain the shaker contents into a glass of choice and use the liquorice spider to the side.
- Your butterfly pea tea should be lovely and purple by now.
- Pour 30ml of the butterfly pea tea over the drink to achieve a purple float.
Tia trick or treat
Image: Tia Maria
Coffee lovers, this one’s for you! Go all out with the Halloween-themed garnishes for that extra special touch.
- 25ml Tia Maria
- 25ml Advocaat
- 10ml orange juice
- 10ml lime juice
- To garnish – coconut flakes
- Shake the Tia Maria, Advocaat and orange and lime juice together in a cocktail shaker.
- Once mixed, strain the liquid into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with lemonade and garnish.
Do you have any staple Halloween cocktail recipes? Tweet us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.