4 cocktail recipes to try for Bonfire Night
Enjoy a cocktail or two on Fireworks Night in the comfort of your own home with our favourite firework-themed recipes.
Bonfire Night is a great excuse to get together with family and celebrate with fireworks, food and tempting tipples . Here are some of our favourite cocktail recipes that’ll be perfect for an evening of festivities.
Chocolate orange espresso martini
Image: CUT SMOKED RUM
Impress friends and family with these showstopping martinis and set them alight for an explosive twist.
- 50ml CUT SMOKED RUM
- 10ml Dry Curacao
- 15ml Creme De Cacao
- 10ml salted caramel syrup
- 50ml Espresso
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a coupe glass.
Legend has it that the devil cursed the bramble bush in a fit of rage after landing on its prickly thorns. From that day it’s said that no one should dare to consume brambles after September. But, this cocktail is too good not to!
- 37.5ml Wildcat Bramble
- 12.5ml berry liquor
- 50ml Pineapple Juice
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a martini glass and garnish with blackberries.
Winter spiced cocktail
Packed full of spiced flavours, this creamy cocktail is perfect for autumn and winter.
40ml Clementine Spiced Rum
20ml Irish cream
15ml Mozart White Chocolate Liqueur
10ml Ginger liqueur
5ml Toasted almond liqueur
All Spice Bitters
Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake gently until combined.
Strain and pour into your glass of choice over ice.
Image: i heart
The spicy undertones of this punch will provide you with a warming sensation as the rockets take off, and Catherine wheels start to spin.
- 750ml i heart Malbec
- 750ml Rum
- 150ml lime juice (fresh)
- 150ml triple sec
- 170g simple syrup
- 2 limes (sliced into thin wheels)
- 2 red oranges (sliced into thin wheels)
- Handful of raspberries and blackberries
- Firstly, gather all the ingredients together
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine the i heart Malbec, rum, lime juice, triple sec, simple syrup, lime, oranges, raspberries and blackberries
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for two hours before serving (overnight is better)
- Serve over ice in punch glasses and enjoy!