ActivePure Pure and Clean
The Good Homes Approved team reviews the ActivePure® Pure & Clean device. The advanced surface and air purification technology is scientifically proven to reduce 99.96% of viruses, including airborne SARS-CoV-2 (the virus responsible for Covid-19) within three minutes. So how does it work?
The ActivePure Technology within the Pure & Clean air purification unit works by recreating photocatalysis, the process found in nature that cleans outdoor air. Mother Nature uses UV radiation from the sun to break down O2 and H2O molecules in the air to eliminate harmful chemicals and pathogens.
To recreate this process indoors, ActivePure continuously generates oxidising molecules to deactivate viruses, mould and bacteria in the air and on surfaces, rendering them inactive.
Features & design
- Good for eliminating viruses, bacteria, allergies and improving air quality
- Great for reducing sick days and fending off coughs and colds all year round. Based on NASA-inspired technology, this sleek, modern look and touch-control settings is safe to use around kids and pets
- Reduces cross contamination by cleaning and replacing the air of a 2,000 sq ft space every hour
- Advanced ozone-free air filtration system combines multiple complementary technologies, including HEPA, activated carbon, and ActivePure Technology that cleans and replaces the air
- Exclusive patented ActivePure technology, which is scientifically proven to reduce more than 99.9% of airborne and surface contaminants
- Used by more than 51 million customers in 70 countries
- ActivePure Pure & Clean weighs 3.5kg and measures 11.75 inches high, 9.5 inches wide and 10 inches deep
Ease of use
The ActivePure Pure and Clean device is very easy to use. Just plug it in and alter the touch-screen settings to your requirements. No assembly required.
The Good Homes Approved team tested the ActivePure Pure and Clean air purification device in an office environment.
The surface was tested close to and several meters from the device and proved sufficient in sanitising the area. One team member, who suffers from allergies and takes an anti-histamine most days, noticed a marked improvement and greatly reduced symptoms almost immediately after turning on the device.
Plus, using an ATP (adenosine triphosphate) swab, we randomly tested a desk and phone that was being used as normal by staff. The swab tests showed that, after one week of using the device, bacteria on the phone was reduced by 75% (from 375 RLU to 91), and on the desk by 24% (from 202 RLU to 49). It’s also quiet, so you can get on with your work and make calls without disruption. We also noticed a reduction in food smells during lunch time.
For this model, the recommended maximum coverage is an area up to 2,000 sq ft, depending on occupant density and other factors.
Would you recommend?
Yes, we give it 4.5 stars!
Good Homes magazine readers can get an exclusive 20% discount on the ActivePure Pure and Clean via activepure.uk.com/offer. For further information, call 0800 977 4423