Pub owner and 2016 Bake Off winner Candice Brown shows us how to create this deliciously moist marbled Bundt cake with Breville's HeatSoft™ Hand Mixer.
The former PE teacher puts a decadent spin on the traditional coffee and walnut cake, finishing with white and dark chocolate for added wow-factor.
This recipe makes one bundt or loaf cake (adjust timings for the latter), which makes the perfect after-dinner autumnal dessert or teatime treat - so get ready, set, bake!
- 220g self-raising flour
- 220g light brown soft sugar
- 220g chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp espresso (made with 2tsp espresso powder and 3tbsp hot water)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g chopped dates
- Melted dark chocolate
- Melted white chocolate
- Extra dates and nuts for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan and grease and flour either a Bundt tin or two loaf tins.
- Combine the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth using the HeatSoft hand mixer.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls.
- Add the chopped walnuts to one bowl and set aside.
- Add the espresso, cocoa powder and dates to the other bowl and combine.
- Add the two mixtures (a dollop at a time) on top of each other into the Bundt tin.
- Using a skewer or sharp knife, swirl the mixture to create a marbling effect.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning out.
- Drizzle with dark and white chocolate over the top and sprinkle with dates and nuts.
Candice Brown's top tip:
"Make a simple sugar syrup and combine with a coffee liqueur such as Tia Maria. Pierce the Bundt cake with a skewer to make several holes and pour the mixture into cake whilst warm for an adulterated treat!"
Have you purchased the Breville Hand Mixer with HeatSoft™ technology? Tweet your bakes @goodhomesmag, tag us in your Instagram posts, using the hashtag #thisgoodhome for your chance to be featured on our Instagram feed or share your breadful puns on our Facebook page.
Make sure you grab your £10 tickets to meet baking stars including Candice Brown and Selasi Gbormittah at The Cake & Bake Show.
The UK's biggest baking event will be held at Excel, London on the 4-6 October 2019.
The show is brimming with all things baking, cake decorating and sugarcraft. Gain insight from celebrity experts, stock your shelves with the latest baking equipment and be wowed by the spectacular Cake Competition and exquisite wedding cake display tables, plus many more treats for your taste.
Save £8 on the on-the-door price by buying your tickets online quoting our discount code ‘GH10’ at the checkout or by clicking here.