Throwing a Halloween party? Impress your guests with this tasty baked pumpkin recipe stuffed with a mouth-watering savoury filling.
Image: Debbie Treloar
It's officially pumpkin season! Instead of carving out jack-o-lanterns this winter, why not try stuffing your pumpkins with tasty fillings and turning them into a hearty dish.
Whether you're planning a Halloween party or celebrating Bonfire Night at home with friends, this stuffed pumpkin recipe with pesto and goats cheese will impress your guests.
Tip: Serve with seasoned potato wedges and a green salad to turn this recipe into a main meal.
- 4 small pumpkins
- 2 red onions, diced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of basil leaves
- 4 tbsp of pesto
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Goats cheese
- Cut the top off 4 small pumpkins, before scooping out and discarding the seeds.
- Put 2 diced red onions in a strainer over a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 2 minutes then drain.
- Stuff the pumpkins evenly with a mix of the onions, 20 halved cherry tomatoes, a handful of basil leaves, 4 tbsp of pesto and 200g of goats cheese.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and place the lids on top. Brush the pumpkins with olive oil and set on a greased tray.
- Cook in the oven at 200˚C for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe from I Heart Pumpkin by Elsa Petersen Schepelern* (£9.99, Ryland Peters & Small).
Have you a go-to Halloween-themed recipe? Let us know by tweeting us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.