Celebrate National Milkshake day this Saturday 12th September by making your own scrumptious recipe.
Image: Brenda Godinez
National Milkshake Day is just around the corner and what better excuse to whip up some fruity and creamy milkshakes for your friends and family. Take a look at four of our favourite tried and tested recipes.
The banana boost
Image: Trewithen Dairy
A banana milkshake is a true classic but spice it up a bit with this mouth-watering recipe.
- Banana 100g
- 75 ml milk
- Natural yogurt 75g
- Turmeric ground 1/2 tsp
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pineapple 50g
- Honey 15g
- 25g whipped cream
- Coconut flakes
- Broken meringue
- Chocolate drops [optional]
- Blend the banana, 100ml of milk, yogurt, turmeric, tinned pineapple and honey into a freakishly creamy base until smooth.
- Feel free to add more milk if you want it more frothy.
- Next, freak it up by adding the toppings.
- Enjoy your amazing freakshake!
Black forest milkshake
Image: Shaken Udder
If you're a chocoholic then this milkshake will be right up your street!
- 150g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp chocolate ball sprinkles
- 4 tbsp cherry compote
- 2 x 330ml bottles of Chocolush! Belgian chocolate milkshake
- Whipped cream
- 4 mini chocolate doughnuts
- 2 fresh cherries
- Assorted chocolate bars
Boozy toffee apple milkshake
Get in the mood for autumn with this boozy toffee apple milkshake.
- Two cups of vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup of apple juice
- ¼ cup of caramel vodka (optional)
- Two tbsp of toffee sauce
- Two tsp of cinnamon
- Extra toffee sauce for decoration
- Extra cinnamon for decoration
- Whipped cream
- Put all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until mixed well and smooth
- Pour into a cup and drizzle toffee sauce on top
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top
Superfood smoothie shake
Make sure you're getting your five a day but in a way that tastes utterly delicious.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 tsp chocolate protein powder
- 200ml almond milk
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- Handful of frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Rowse Honey
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- If the smoothie is still too thick, add a little more almond milk and continue to blend.
- Pour into a glass, drizzle Rowse honey on top and garnish with a few chia seeds for decoration.
Do you love a milkshake? Tweet us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.