Stay hydrated and refreshed this summer with these tasty smoothie recipes.
Image: Bioglan Superfoods
Smoothies are a great breakfast alternative or a healthy and refreshing snack. We've put together four delicious summer smoothie recipes for you to feast your eyes on.
Cranberry and raspberry smoothie
Image: Lancashire Farm
For a pink and fruity treat, this smoothie is the perfect afternoon snack.
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 175g frozen raspberries
- 100ml milk
- 200ml Lancashire Farm Natural Yogurt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Mint sprigs (optional) to serve
- Add cranberry juice, raspberries, milk, natural yogurt and caster sugar to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour and serve.
Avocado smoothie bowl
Image: Holy Moly
Drink your greens with this silky smooth avocado smoothie bowl.
- 150g Holy Moly Smashed Avocado
- 2 bananas
- 160g steamed and frozen cauliflower (or 1 ½ frozen bananas)
- 60g spinach
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 2 tsp wheatgrass powder
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 200ml coconut milk
- Serving suggestions: strawberries, coconut yoghurt, buckwheat, peanut butter
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie bowl into a blender, holding back ½ of a fresh banana.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more liquid as needed to make a desired consistency.
- Pour into two bowls and top with the remaining banana (sliced) and any other toppings.
The perfect breakfast smoothie
Get your protein fix for breakfast with this yummy and filling smoothie recipe.
- 2 tbsp of oats
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 100g of your favourite frozen fruits
- 500ml of water
- 2 heaped tsp of cocoa powder (optional)
- Place the oats and chia seeds in a jug, blend with the water and leave for at least 10 minutes to soften. If you want a super soft texture, leave this mix in your fridge overnight.
- Add the rest of ingredients and blend until you have your desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy straight away.
Image: Bioglan Superfoods
Not only does this smoothie taste great, it looks amazing too!
- Quarter of a small red cabbage
- 200g frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 2 tsps Bioglan Superfoods Superberries
- 200g plain or flavoured Greek yoghurt
- 100ml almond milk
- 100ml water
- Chia seeds
- Dessicated coconut
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into two bowls or cups and top with the chia seeds, coconut, blueberries and kiwi. Enjoy!
Are you going to make any of these smoothie recipes? Let us know on social! Tweet us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page.