You don't need to be a meat-eater to enjoy a BBQ. We've put together some delicious veggie recipes that the whole family can enjoy.
Image: Tofoo Company
Vegetarian dishes can taste just as delicious as meat on the barbecue, we can promise you that!
Have a go at these tastebud-tantilising recipes and we guarantee you'll be making them again and again.
Stuffed pointed peppers
These stuffed peppers are so easy to make and taste 10 times better when grilled on the barbecue.
- Serves 4
- 2 sweet pointed peppers
- 1 red onion
- 100g Worldwide hot and spicy cous cous
- 30ml Solesta olive oil
- 25g Solesta pitted black olives
- 50g Lyttos Greek feta cheese
- Stonemill black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat a little oil in a medium saucepan, add the onions and sauté for 2/3 minutes.
2. Add the cous cous and 170ml boiling water. Stir well then remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop the black olives, add them to the cous cous and season with black pepper. Slice the peppers in half lengthways, removing any seeds. Divide the mixture between the 4 halves.
4. Place them onto the barbecue and drizzle over the remaining oil. Crumble the cheese over the peppers sizzle for around 20-25 mins.
Tweak this recipe to suit your own taste and spice tolerance – it's definitely a winner!
- Serves 4
- 400g chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp harisa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Primula Original Cheese
- Brioche buns
- Red onion
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and season to taste. Blend until coarse, then shape into 4 burgers with your hands.
2. Carefully remove the blade from the processor and form the mixture into four large burgers.
3. Before cooking, brush lightly with oil. Place on the barbecue and cook for 3 minutes on each side until lightly golden.
4. Serve on a brioche bun with Primula Cheese, rocket and red onion.
Smoked tofu sticks with avocado salsa
Image: Tofoo Company
Serve these yummy skewers with avocado salsa and a side of grilled pitta bread.
- 225g Smoked Tofoo
- 400g can black beans, drained
- Rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g canned sweetcorn
- Toasted pittas
- 1 tsp sumac
- 4 spring onions trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled stoned and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Cut the Tofoo into 16 equal sized cubes, toss with the olive oil, sumac and garlic then thread onto skewers. Grill on the barebcue for 5 to 6 minutes, turning half way through.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the black beans, sweetcorn, spring onions, avocado, chilli, lime zest and juice and maple syrup, toss in the coriander and spoon into a serving dish.
3. Serve the grilled tofu sticks with salsa and toasted pitta, garnish with fresh rocket leaves.
Halloumi and apricot kebabs
Image: Crazy Jack
Veggie kebabs always go down a treat at a family BBQ and these are no exception.
- 250g pack halloumi, cut into 12 cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes (80g)
- 150g Crazy Jack Organic Soft Apricots
- 100g Crazy Jack Organic Wholewheat Couscous
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- 25g Crazy Jack Organic Pine Nuts, toasted
- ½ x 28g pack coriander, chopped
1. Place the halloumi, pepper, tomatoes and 16 of the apricots alternately onto 4 skewers. Place on the barbecue and grill for 6-8 minutes, turning once until golden.
2. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a small bowl and pour over the hot stock, cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes.
3. Fluff up with a fork and stir in the pine nuts, coriander and the chopped remaining apricots, season and serve with the kebabs.
Which vegetarian BBQ recipes are your favourite? Let us know on social! Tweet us @goodhomesmag or post a comment on our Facebook page. Plus, post your own recreations of these recipes on Instagram wth the hashtag #thisgoodhome for your chance to win a prize.