Former MasterChef contestant Richard Rodriguez shows us how to prepare this light and romantic dessert recipe, perfect for a quick Valentine's Day pudding idea.
Image: Richard Rodriguez
Preparing a Valentine's Day dessert doesn't have to be complicated - whip up this fruity dessert in an hour using simple ingredients found in your cupboard and fridge.
- Makes 6
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature.
- 150g caster sugar.
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces.
- 150ml double cream.
- 1 punnet of strawberries.
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- In a large bowl, add the egg whites and whisk till they form stiff peaks, then gradually add the caster sugar while still whisking. You want the meringue to be glossy and smooth.
- Get a larger baking tray and add a small dollop of meringue in each corner then cover with baking paper, pushing it down so the meringue holds it in place. Using a spoon, divide the mixture into 6 on the baking paper and make a small indent in the centre of each one.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 120°C for 40 minutes or till the meringue has hardened and the baking paper peels away easily from the bottom. At this point turn off the oven and leave them in there for 30 minutes. Take out and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Place all the strawberries in a bowl and cover with the Prosecco and leave for 15 minutes so that the strawberries take on the flavour.
- In a sauce pan, over a low heat, add the cream and chocolate and stir constantly until the chocolate has melted and mixed with the cream.
- To serve place a dollop of the chocolate sauce in the middle of each meringue, cut the strawberries in half and sit on top and drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Serve with a glass of Prosecco.
Image: Richard Rodriguez
Check out Richard's Instagram page for recipes and more:
Have you recreated Richard's recipe? Tweet your bakes @goodhomesmag, tag us in your Instagram posts, using the hashtag #thisgoodhome for your chance to be featured on our Instagram feed or share your breadful puns on our Facebook page.
Got a sweet tooth? Make sure you grab your earlybird tickets to meet baking stars like Eric Lanlard at the 2020 Cake & Bake Show!
The UK's biggest baking event will be held at Excel, London in October 2020.
The show is brimming with all things baking, cake decorating and sugarcraft. Gain insight from celebrity experts, stock your shelves with the latest baking equipment and be wowed by the spectacular Cake Competition and exquisite wedding cake display tables, plus many more treats for your taste.