We show you how to make this sweet no-bake dessert with minimal effort
Photo credit: Lakeland
If the traditional puddings don't really tickle your fancy, it can be difficult to find an alternative dessert. Take inspiration from this homemade rocky road recipe; it's filled with sweet and nutty flavours such as roasted almonds, fluffy marshmellows and lucious liquorice.
Kids and adults alike go crazy for this sweet treat - so follow these 5 simple steps to rustle up a simple, no-bake rocky road!
Prep 20-30 minutes + 2 hours to firm makes 16 squares.
- 500g white chocolate
- 200g vanilla and strawberry marshmellows, roughly chopped
- 150g roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 20g freeze-dried strawberry pieces, plus extra for scattering
- 200g red soft eating liquorice, chopped into small pieces
- 200g black soft eating liquorice, chopped into small pieces
- Grease and line a 20cm pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until smooth (make sure the water bowl or the chocolate will seize and be unusable).
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, pour over the chocolate and stir to coat well.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan, top with the extra strawberry pieces and set aside for about 2 hours until the rocky road is firm to the touch.
- Turn out onto a clean surface and cut into thick chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.