Create a colourful backdrop to your kitchen with pastel-painted units, co-ordinated coloured chairs and touches of copper and marble.
Love this kitchen
- Marble table-tops and accessories are hygienic and easy-to-clean in the kitchen. Plus they add a luxe feel to the space.
- Coloured appliances are a quick and easy way to brighten up a plain worktop.
- Bring colour to your kitchen by painting existing cupboards with a hardwearing eggshell or using a mix of pastel-coloured tiles to create a unique splashback.
- Add contrasts; team pastel units and cool stone worktops with a warm oak floor.
- Define your eating area by hanging two pendant lights low over the table. Install on a dimmer so you can adjust the mood.
Paint kitchen chairs in different chalky pastel shades; graduate the colour, leaving either the tops or the legs with the wood exposed.
Adding copper utensils, saucepans and cutlery to a pastel scheme breaks up the colour and gives it a modern twist.
Don’t hide cereals and teabags away in a cupboard; stick pretty labels on practical kilner jars and have them out on display.
If you have appliances out on display, look for pastel-coloured designs to tie in with your fresh new look.
Cool grey marble looks great contrasted with mint green and blush pink. If you’re not updating the worktops, opt for a stonetopped table instead.
Mint green & cool aqua
Add colour to a neutral kitchen with a mix of pastel accessories and appliances in different shades of subtle green and blue.
Mix and match
The great thing about using coloured kitchen accessories, is that you can easily change your scheme.
Photography: David Brittain