Just like your favourite pair of jeans, this on-trend indigo scheme is stylish yet easy-going.
Love this living room
- Soft voiles add a dreamy look to windows, without blocking out the sun.
- This fashionable fabric is not only a wardrobe staple: use deep shades in light rooms or faded tones in smaller spaces.
- Blue can appear chilly, so be sure to include welcoming walnut and tactile linen.
- Add extra interest and some warmth underfoot with a thick, abstract rug.
- Indigo is a good choice for large sofas as it can help them appear less bulky.
Use a streamlined bench against a wall to display artwork, throws and cushions.
Combine artisanal fabrics, like ikat, batik and hand-printed Indian cottons, as they naturally feature inky tones.
Cool colours will help to make small corners appear bigger.
Boost a tonal scheme by mixing different patterns and materials.
Credit: Jon Day